Photo credits: Christina Morillo
Marie Basset is a Certified Strengths Career Coach with a background in Sales, Consulting, Recruitment and HR in France, UK, Singapore and now Australia, who has been working with clients worldwide for 10 years. She became a coach and launched Marie The Coach to help people understand what strengths, skills, values they have and how they can use them to improve their careers.
I had discussions over the years with different leaders trying to adapt to new leadership roles. If you are in the same shoes or have been, I wonder if you will also realise that you are having the same issues.
I have heard statements like:
- I wanted to keep the same management style as the predecessor
- I wanted to adapt to the team and lost myself
- Peers are pressuring me to be a tougher leader but it's not me
- I wonder if I was made to be a leader and lead a team
While attending the Module 7 of the ACE program, here is a sentence that I loved from David Goldsmith "it's not because you are good at it that you ought to do it"
How are you feeling when you read part of those statements?
- You relate 100%
Honestly, I have heard so many of those stories, guys, you gotta change something so you feel better in your job! and it's okay to change that one thing that will make you happier in the long run.
Is it hard for you to see how you can make a difference, your way, as a leader? Are you trying but doing things wrong?
- Take the Gallup Assessment and understand your strengths and why another person's leadership style doesn't work for you | drop the leadersheep and be yourself. Authenticity has never looked better :) Trust me!
All of those are services I offer and I would be delighted to help you drop the leadersheep and get on the right leadership. Get honest, real and aware of what makes you, your BEST-SELF.
By Marie Basset | LinkedIn